Farming and Countryside Education (FACE) and Bayer CropScience are delighted to announce the launch of the 2015 Bayer/FACE Awards to celebrate the very best in farming education.
Farmers across the country make an outstanding contribution to helping children learn about food, farming and the natural environment, and these awards are designed to recognise and celebrate those individuals who dedicate their time and energy to this cause. Thank you to all those who submitted entries this year.
The winners of each category will be announced at a prestigious ceremony on 17th September 2015.
- Access – for a farm demonstrating outstanding achievements in encouraging access for pupils with special needs, disaffected students or disadvantaged young people
- Biodiversity – for a farm successful in highlighting the importance of a specific species or of biodiversity in general to young people
- Future of Farming Champion – for a farm making an outstanding contribution to improving young peoples' understanding of the food and farming sector, across all ages and through a variety of activities
- Farm School Partnership – for a farm building successful relationships with one or several schools, making a valuable and sustained contribution to school life both on and away from the farm
- Inspiring Educator – for a farm or team who have initiated innovative or unusual means to create inspiring learning experiences, both on the farm and in the classroom