The entry period for the 2017 Bayer/FACE Awards is now OPEN. Entries must be received by the closing date - Friday 14th April 2017. Read on for more information about the Award categories and how to enter.
Farmers across the country make an outstanding contribution to helping children learn about food, farming and the natural environment, and these awards are designed to recognise and celebrate those individuals who dedicate their time and energy to this cause.
- Access – for a farm which demonstrates outstanding achievements in the area of encouraging access for pupils with special needs, disaffected students or disadvantaged young people. Working with a school or group to identify the best way of providing a meaningful learning experience. Click here for more information about the Access Award.
- Biodiversity – for a farm which encourages young people to develop a greater understanding of the importance of biodivesity - in general or for a specific species. Highlighting the importance of biodiversity, which is vital to a region's wildlife survival. Click here for more information about the Bioddiversity Award.
- Future of Farming Champion – for a farm making an outstanding contribution to improving young peoples' understanding of the food and farming sector. Activities may be across any or all age ranges to include, for example, encouraging entrepreneurship trough school farmers' markets, offering work experience or explaining career opportunities. Click here for more information about the Future of Farming Champion Award.
- Farm School Partnership – for a farm fostering successful relationships with one or several schools, making a valuable and sustained contribution to school life both on and away from the farm. This might include contribution to curriculum activities, helping with growing activities or developing an ongoing programme of learning. Click here for more information about the Farm School Partnership Award.
- Inspiring Educator – for a farmer or team who have initiated inspiring new learning experiences which are seen as something really unusual or particularly innovative and effective in terms of the learniong that children have on the farm or back in the classroom. Click here for more information about the Inspiring Educator Award.
The entry period for the 2017 Bayer/FACE Awards is now OPEN. Entries must be received by the closing date - Friday 14th April 2017.
Good luck! We look forward to reading and watching your entries.