Watch this space! In September 2016 Farming and Countryside Education (FACE) and Bayer CropScience will be announcing the launch of the 2017 Bayer/FACE Awards to celebrate the very best in farming education.
Farmers across the country make an outstanding contribution to helping children learn about food, farming and the natural environment, and these awards are designed to recognise and celebrate those individuals who dedicate their time and energy to this cause.
Entry forms will be available to download from here.
- Access – for a farm which demonstrates outstanding achievements in the area of encouraging access for pupils with special needs, disaffected students or disadvantaged young people. Working with a school or group to identify the best way of providing a meaningful learning experience.
- Biodiversity – for a farm which encourages young people to develop a greater understanding of the importance of biodivesity - in general or for a specific species. Highlighting the importance of biodiversity, which is vital to a region's wildlife survival.
- Future of Farming Champion – for a farm making an outstanding contribution to improving young peoples' understanding of the food and farming sector. Activities may be across any or all age ranges to include, for example, encouraging entrepreneurship trough school farmers' markets, offering work experience or explaining career opportunities.
- Farm School Partnership – for a farm fostering successful relationships with one or several schools, making a valuable and sustained contribution to school life both on and away from the farm. This might include contribution to curriculum activities, helping with growing activities or developing an ongoing programme of learning.
- Inspiring Educator – for a farmer or team who have initiated inspiring new learning experiences which are seen as something really unusual or particularly innovative and effective in terms of the learniong that children have on the farm or back in the classroom.